From St. Croix:
PARK FALLS, Wis. (June 22, 2023) – St. Croix Rod leverages 75 years of experience in handcrafting the Best Rods on Earth, combining the best materials and technologies with superior design capabilities and vertical manufacturing in support of its mission of elevating the fishing experiences of all anglers. Today, the first example of our renewed commitment to fly anglers worldwide starts with Connect, an all-new series of performance-forward fly rods designed and precision-crafted in North America.
As anglers, we often seek intrinsic connections. They’re what draw us to beautiful places in search of meaningful experiences. There is a fundamental relationship with the woods and the water that drives our desire for adventure and exploration. Then there are bonds with the people we spend time with outside – those who bring laughter in the moment and meaning to our memories. And, of course, there is the remarkable link between a good fish and a bent rod. All these connections remind us that while the fish are at the finish line, it’s the journey there that fuels our fascination.
Driven by the journey, the Connect Series offers sticks for any angling adventure – from trout and bass to light saltwater applications. Featuring ten (10), 4-piece, all-water models ranging from line sizes #3 through #9, Connect has anglers covered no matter where their wading boots take them. Connect’s medium-fast actions, working in concert with the strength and responsiveness of our legendary SCIII and SCII carbon fiber materials, are engineered and precision crafted for versatile performance – to give anglers the upper hand in the widest possible range of conditions and techniques.
• High-modulus SCIII and SCII carbon fiber blanks are lightweight, strong, and ultra responsive
• Fortified Resin System (FRS) boosts blank strength by 33% over standard resins and curing methods
• Reinforced Slim-Profile Ferrule Design (SPF) adds strength and feel with minimal additional weight
• Chrome single-foot guides [#3wt. – #6wt.]
• Chrome snake guides [#7wt. – #9wt.]
• Chrome stripper guides
• Hook keeper
• Snub nose premium-grade cork handle [#3wt. – #6wt.]
• Full wells premium-grade cork handle [#7wt. – #9wt.]
• Uplocking machined aluminum reel seat
• Fighting butt with composite end cap [#7wt. – #9wt.]
• Rod tube with cloth rod bag
• Five-year warranty
• Designed in Park Falls, Wisconsin, USA
• Precision crafted at St. Croix South – Fresnillo, Mexico
• CO379-4 / 3-weight, 7’9”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO480-4 / 4-weight, 8’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO586-4 / 5-weight, 8’6”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO590-4 / 5-weight, 9’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO690-4 / 6-weight, 9’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO790-4 / 7-weight, 9’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO890-4 / 8-weight, 9’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
• CO990-4 / 9-weight, 9’0”, 4-piece, medium-fast action / MSRP: $295
Designed in the USA and precision crafted in North America with levels of pride and passion that match your own, St. Croix Connect Series rods are an ideal choice for anglers bent on making the most of their precious time on the water.
New Connect Series fly rods will be available for purchase at St. Croix dealers worldwide and online at stcroixrods.com on September 15, 2023. See them in the St. Croix booth #3022 at ICAST 2023 and in the Fly Rod category of the 2023 ICAST New Product Showcase. Learn more at stcroixrods.com.
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for 75 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls, WI and Fresnillo, Mexico.