Riversmith just announced the introduction and availability of the Swiftcast, a modular fly rod holder for fishing rafts – purpose built to protect your fly rod. If you’re looking to replace your do-it-yourself rod holder or interested in making modifications to your raft and frame this year, you might want to check this out.
Important Order & Shipping Information: Swiftcast Rod Holders can be ordered today with immediate shipping.
The Swiftcast was designed and manufactured to solve a problem that many raft anglers face on the water: how to fish as efficiently as possible while protecting a fly rod that is not being used. This versatile rod holder was designed for quick assembly out of the box and can be mounted and deployed to almost any rafting frame. You can use one or more Swiftcast Rod Holders on your boat depending on how many rods need to be stored and they can be mounted universally and configured for your particular needs.
Here are a few design features that caught our attention.
• Universal mounting for most standard 12′-15′ raft frame and sizes
• Holds 10ft rods up to 10 weight (dependent on configuration)
• Total unit weight: 7.5 lbs
• Elastic cord for 100% security in rapids
• Attach inside or outside of oar tower on most frames (See mounting configuration guide for mounting options and additional hardware required)
• Can be paired together in-line or bi-directional
• Curved or straight tube add-ons available for non-standard boat and frame sizes
The Swiftcast is designed for standard raft and frame configurations for traditional rafts that are between 12′-15′ in length. For rafts that are smaller, larger, or have a narrow profile please review Riversmith’s recommended components that you can order, please refer to our “configuration guide/table” that is located on the Swiftcast Product Page.
Riversmith is a company built on the principles of engineering solutions for the avid fly fisherman. Designed and assembled in Boulder, CO, our products are built for those who expect the finest craftsmanship and performance out of their gear. Our flagship product, the River Quiver, will keep you locked, loaded and ready to fish. Riversmith is proud to continue to expand our top-quality products and accessories for those who love to spend time on the water fly fishing. With Swiftcast you can enjoy life in the current.