Scott Feltrinelli guides for trout, steelhead, salmon, and smallmouth bass on the tributaries of Lakes Erie and Ontario. Feltrinelli recently sat down to take on some questions for the Venturing Angler:
1. Why do you guide where you do?
The Great Lakes area is a world class fishery offering a chance for every angler to realize their fullest potential as a fisherman and to also catch a world record. Many world records have been realized on Lake Ontario and Lake Erie where I guide.
2. What is your favorite fish specie?
I love to fish for fresh run king salmon and dime bright steelhead. My favorite specie to catch hands down is the steelhead. Smallmouth bass also offer a full day of fun on Lake Erie tributaries.
3. What is your favorite thing about guiding?
The ability to teach everything I know about what I have learned over 25 years of both fresh and saltwater fly fishing.
4. What is the most memorable trip you’ve guided and why?
A day on the water with a Frenchman named Francis Bic. He invented the BIC lighter.
5. What is the funniest thing you’ve experienced while guiding?
Catching the same fish that had a fly in its mouth that I lost to him an hour earlier. Got my fly back!
6. What makes your guide service great?
Experience, professional, dialed in, education and pure fun.
7. If you had only one day off all year, where would you fish and what fish would you target?
I would fish the Seychelle Islands and target Giant Trevally.
8. What are your favorite three flies?
9. What is the one piece of gear you couldn’t bear to leave at home?
Polarized Sun Glasses
10. Do you have any other passions?
Gardening, Creek Conservation Projects
To check out more from Scott Feltrinelli and Ontario Fly Outfitters, please click here.
Disclosure: Ontario Fly Outfitters is in a professional relationship with the Fly Fishing Guide Directory, LLC and the Venturing Angler. Though potentially benefiting from this relationship, we do not post what we do not believe to be true. To read more, click here.