Tad Howard of Colorado Trout Hunters guides in Colorado on trout waters that often produce both magnificently gorgeous wild trout as well as some pretty heavy pigs. Howard recently sat down to take on some questions for the Venturing Angler:
1. Why do you guide where you do?
Colorado offers a unique opportunity to guide a huge variety of types of water within a small geographic area.
2. What is your favorite fish specie?
3. What is your favorite thing about guiding?
Sharing knowledge with people who are enthusiastic! Also I love spending time outdoors…
4. What is the most memorable trip you’ve guided and why?
Loaded question!!! There is good memorable and not so good memorable. There are way too many good days for different reasons to pick just one.
5. What is the funniest thing you’ve experienced while guiding?
Kid puking on my foot directly after shaking hands with me in the morning. “I had sandals on” Still makes me chuckle but was disgusting.
6. If you had only one day off all year, where would you fish and fish would you target?
My parents pond. They built it and I stocked it with fish from the neighborhood ponds when I was about 9 years old. I love catching the decedents of those bass, bluegill, and crappie to this day.
7. What are your favorite three flies?
Pheasant Tail, Parachute Adams, Stimulator
8. What is the one piece of gear you couldn’t bear to leave at home?
9. Do you have any other passions?
Family, and Hunting
10. Why is your guide service great?
Our guide service is great because we have exceptionally experienced passionate guides!
Disclosure: Colorado Trout Hunters is in a professional relationship with the Fly Fishing Guide Directory, LLC and the Venturing Angler. Though potentially benefiting from this relationship, we do not post what we do not believe to be true. To read more, click here.